MGTS are a UK Midlands-based national leader in engineering training, apprenticeships and adult training, specialising in multi-skill maintenance. To improve and refine their administrative processes and the online user experience for applicants and apprenticeship advertisers, MGTS wanted to develop a devoted website to promote apprenticeships for national recruitment by companies.
Their short-term requirement was for an online electronic webform to replace the current process.
We proposed a phased project to improve on both the user experience and administrative efficiency. The Foundation Phase delivered a mini-website managed using an online content management system (CMS), and the mini website provided an Applications Administration Area and online webforms:
• online registration of MGTS applicants,
• an online MGTS webform for MGTS applicants to submit their information, replacing the existing document download process,
• online 3rd party application forms for MGTS applicants to download,
• upload of completed 3rd party application forms completed by MGTS applicants,
• online access for MGTS administrators to download applicant information to their existing MS Access database,
• online access for MGTS administrators to upload new 3rd party application forms.
Phase 2 tackled the back-office processes currently managed by MGTS with an MS Access database and replaced them with a new system which integrates them with the website front end: providing a new, improved and efficient platform for MGTS.
Once this was in place, we are ready for Phase 3: a fully rebuilt MGTS website, set to launch January 2016.